ESG - part of our DNA
ESG is part of our DNA
Portfolio Sustainability Performance
Green Hydrogen Produced
- Figures are based on various assumptions and will depend on the end-use of products.
- The Tickers are made using historic activity numbers combined with a linear forecast of company activity for year 2021. Historical primary activity levels and derived impact for each company are validated by Klinkby Enge, except for AquaGreen and GHS, which are made using company estimates.
- The first ticker shows an estimate on accumulated CO2e savings contributed since 2016 for DyeMansion, GHS, Mater, Re-Match and Spirii.
- The second ticker shows an estimate of accumulated waste recycling since 2016 for Mater and Re-Match. Recycled waste includes sand, rubber, turf fibres, plastics and mask.
- The third ticker shows an estimate of accumulated renewable energy produced (hydrogen) on GHS equipment since 2020.
See explanation on assumptions and calculations here
Portfolio SDG impact
At NAP we believe that 4 specific SDGs within environment and recycling are particularly relevant impact drivers for our daily investment work and operational value creation. These 4 SDGs are:
All NAP’s portfolio companies contribute widely to the Sustainable Development Goals (see full list here).
All SDGs metrics have been validated by ESG-consultancy Klinkby Enge.
While we do consider sustainability risks in our investment decisions, we do not consider all of the specific adverse impact indicators set out in Table 1-3 of Annex 1 of the Commission’s delegated regulation supplementing Regulation (EU) 2019/2088 (the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation) in our investment decisions as we have decided to focus on a few specific sustainability risk indicators fit for the Fund’s investment profile. We will, however, on a continuous basis, assess whether to consider all of these specific adverse impact indicators in our investment decisions.
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) policy
NAP believes that private equity and entrepreneurship should be open for all people despite of background, gender ethnicity etc. Therefore, we commit to a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion both internally and externally.
The overall objective of the policy is to promote diversity both internally in NAPs employee composition and externally in NAPs portfolio companies. We view diversity in many dimensions e.g. gender, experience, ethnicity, age, educational background etc.
We have an ambition to ensure equal opportunities and conditions for all applicants and all employees and we expect the same from our portfolio companies.
We consider our D&I policy especially important, as the hardtech industry/industrial cleantech traditionally has been male-dominated and we aspire to contribute to increasing the diversity of the hardtech industry/industrial cleantech and the ecosystem for growth companies.
Within NAP. We consider diversity to be an important foundation to ensure an efficient and competent organisation. NAPs recruitment process (both when done internally and via recruitment agencies) and working conditions will support equal opportunities for all employees when hiring, promoting and terminating. We also undertake to pay equal pay for equal work. We will promote a diverse culture within NAP and will take distance from offensive behavior such as sexual harassment or bullying. We will support a tone characterized by openness, honesty and respect towards each other, both internally and towards our stakeholders.
Within NAPs portfolio companies. We want to promote and contribute to increasing diversity in our portfolio companies and will promote initiatives and targets that support the policy and the principles that apply for promoting diversity within NAP (see above).
Eco-system: We will aspire to participate actively in ecosystem activities with the goal to promote diversity.
For the above reasons, NAP dedicates one full resource to handle its SWAT network and work actively with our D&I policy.
NAP identifies three overall areas of D&I impact:
1. Investment process:
- We consider D&I metrics during the screening, evaluation and Due Diligence processes.
- Our ESG/CSR policy is always an integrated part of the investment agreement and framework, which helps topromote diversity and inclusion (gender & ethnicity).
- We will aspire to have (before 2025):
- Gender diversity in all added portfolio companies at management and/or board level in connection with closing of the investment (i.e. no male only management and/or boards when we invest).
- Max. 80% of money for new portfolio companies are to be invested into companies with male only management and/or boards.
2. Daily work with portfolio companies:
- We encourage our portfolio companies to work with D&I objectives.
- We offer our portfolio companies access to a diverse set of talents from our SWAT team network.
- We will aspire to reach 33% of female management in each portfolio company before 2025.
- We will aspire to reach minimum one female board member in each portfolio company before 2025.
- We will aspire to promote initiatives to increase gender diversity in all added portfolio companies at management and/or board level in connection with closing of our investments.
- We will aspire to have max. 80% of gender homogeneity in management team and board in portfolio companies before 2025.
3. Internal recruitment and working conditions:
- Generally, we post job openings publicly, thereby allowing all candidates to apply. In the event we only receive applications from one gender we will pursue a more diverse applicant field via e.g. extended application period, amended job posting etc.
- We inform our interviewers of techniques to help mitigate implicit bias and ensure that they are aware of our goals regarding diversity and inclusion.
- Our hiring decisions are taken in a committee to recognize multiple perspectives.
- We will aspire (before 2025) to reach a diverse organisation including:
- Max. 60% gender homogeneity the entire organisation/team
- Max. 75% gender homogeneity at senior level (Directors and Partners)
- We will support equal opportunities for all employees when promoting.
- We offer our employees the possibility to work flexible hours.
- We offer our employees the possibility to work from home/other locations.